Its said Nothing lasts forever,Walking along the road of life, we experience many situations that leave some lessons behind some of those motivate and inspire us. Many of them remain carved in our hearts, for as long as we live. The list is never-ending; but just to point out a few, here are 25 things I learnt in 25 years.
- Investing in some quality “me-time” every day is a perfect way to rekindle your soul.
Spare some time no matter how busy you are, and do something you absolutely love. Cook, watch a movie, read a good book or do anything that makes you happy.
- Always care for yourself before anyone else.
Your mental and emotional health is most important. How do you intend to look after others if you can’t look after yourself?
- You can’t restrict your life to a time-table.
No matter how strict you are about routines; there will be times when you will have to adjust your routine according to the situation. Be prepared for it!
- Not everyone may like you, and that’s completely alright.
You are not given this life to please everyone.
- Love with all your heart, but don’t expect the same in return.
Expectations only hurt. So remember, getting yourself attached to anyone or anything is a big no-no.
- Take a lot of pictures.
Memories of places and good times with loved ones may fade with time, but clicking a picture of all the treasured moments will provide you with a keepsake for life.
- Don’t be afraid to apologize when you are at fault.
You may sometime hurt somebody intentionally or unintentionally, come up and say sorry. Saving a relationship is better than feeding your ego.
- People may make you feel bad about your choices.
Ignore them. How you chose to live your life is solely your call. Never let anyone’s belittling get into your head.
- Be at peace with how you look.
An unexpected pimple is not the end of the world. Stop caking yourself with makeup to look good in front of others. Let your natural beauty outshine!
- Always spend some part of the day with your parents.
Cherish the way they have brought you into adulthood. It’s now time for you to take care of them in the same loving way.
- Socialize without social media
Yes, it’s an era of technological advancements, but sometimes it’s nicer to be physically present for your loved ones as compared to always connecting with them through social media.
- Make a living out of something that you are passionate about.
The feeling of pride and enjoyment is indescribable, when you start earning by directing all efforts and hard work towards your dream.
- Be enthusiastic about earning
But, never be greedy to hoard up large amounts. Invest your money logically and also give charity.
- Save money to travel around the world.
Travel alone or travel with your best friend, but do travel! Not only will you be awed by different cultures and scenic landscapes, your mind is also going to love the change.
- Refrain from comparing yourself or your life with anyone else’s.
It will never make you happy. You will always find yourself longing for things which, perhaps, are impossible to attain.
- If you want something, ask for it.
No one is a mind-reader, so you don’t expect to be granted whatever you are wishing for without speaking a word about it.
- Learn to make decisions on your own rather than being dependent on others for every little thing.
It’s good to seek advice, but you should be the one to take the final decision at the end of the day.
- Be grateful for everything no matter how difficult circumstances appear to be.
Believe that you are more blessed than countless other unprivileged people around the world. Believe me, gratitude will help you appreciate the tiniest of things.
- Appreciate the good in others
People will help you in some way or the other in different aspects of life. Never forget them. Reciprocate the favor whenever you get the chance. This will help spread positivity.
- Dodge negativity as much as you can.
Stay away from toxic people, if you don’t want to get caught up in a pessimistic approach towards life. Pull yourself away from situations that may rub someone’s negativity on to you.
- Nothing is forever.
You will go through some happy times and some painful ones, throughout your life. While you are hurting, have faith that times will ease up some, and make the most out of good times before the moment slips away.
- Relationships may fail; time will heal the wounds.
It’s alright to cry over a broken friendship or love affair, but life goes on. Stay strong and learn to move on with the broken pieces.
- It’s useless to stress over things that you can’t control.
Panicking will take you nowhere, instead it will ruin your health. Learn to tackle situations boldly. Life is not a bed of roses. Right?
- Trust your gut feeling.
If something feels not right, avoid it no matter how much someone may be cheering you on for it.
- Never take anything too seriously.
Still, hang on to the lessons you learn from each and everything that life throws in your path. It is essential for maturity.
Let us know what have you learnt from life so far ?
& Follow us on instagram.